Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
Idaho Forest Group
Idaho Forest Group is currently seeking an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic to join our team in Lewiston, Idaho. To install, repair and maintain all plant machinery and equipment in optimal working order.
- Comprehend and perform all duties in accordance with rules, regulations and JSAs
- Prepare machine centers for daily use; working knowledge of industrial equipment
- Perform predictive, preventative, corrective maintenance procedures using cutting, welding, power and hand tools
- Assemble, install and repair equipment following blueprints and schematics
- Pre-fab, cut and weld
- Keep work areas clean
- Consistently keep a production level work pace
- Other duties as needed
Specific job duties and shifts may vary per mill and based on machinery.
- Knowledge in hydraulics and pneumatics, crane and rigging, wire and stick required
- Proficient in power drive systems, welding, bearings, and lubrication
- Knowledge of OSHA and State regulations
- Ability to work at varying heights
- Own tools
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work various shifts, days, and overtime as needed
- High School Diploma or GED (or willingness to quickly obtain one as a condition of employment)
- Valid Driver’s License is highly preferred
As a condition of employment, Idaho Forest Group requires employees to complete a variety of pre-employment screening processes which may include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug and substance test, reference check, prior work verification, driving history (MVR), education verification, aptitude/skills testing, and credit checks. The depth of screening will vary based on the position.
Move safely, quickly, and perform duties with repetitious movement. Sit and/or stand for shift, reach with hands and arms, stoop, squat, twist, push and pull, maintain balance, bend at the waist, kneel, walk varying distances, and climb stairs. Must be able to tolerate all weather elements, loud conditions, vibrations and airborne particles (sawdust).
Idaho Forest Group
687 Canfield Ave., Suite 100
Coeur d’Alene, ID 83815
Phone: (208) 255-3200
Idaho Forest Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, genetic information, family medical history, or any other status protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at 208-762-6630 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.