Community

Sorlie and Point Bridges closed to traffic in The Grand Cities

Grand Forks and East Grand Forks shut down two bridges as the Red River continues to rise.

GRAND FORKS, N.D. (KVRR)- Grand Forks and East Grand Forks shut down two bridges as the Red River continues to rise. The Point Bridge was closed Sunday while the Sorlie Bridge was shut down Monday morning. The Kennedy Bridge remains open between the two cities. The National Weather Service has slightly lowered its crest forecast. The Red River is expected…

LIVE: CoreCon Comes Back

Gather and let your imagination flow.

If you’ve been in sci-fi or fantasy fan withdrawal after two years of pandemic online life, there’s a group in the metro that totally gets you. CoreCon is coming back Memorial Day weekend and this time, they want to see you in person. The nonprofit is preparing for their first in-person convention since the pandemic struck. They’re excited about the…

Flooding causing dangerous driving conditions

A no travel alert has been issued for northeast North Dakota.

A no travel alert has been issued for northeast North Dakota. Excessive rain and snow melting is also causing flooding in Steele, Traill and Cass Counties. Multiple county and township roads have been closed and officials are urging people to drive cautiously. Areas around Thompson and Hillsboro have water-filled ditches and overland flooding. If you come across washed out roads,…

Another push for legalized recreational marijuana in North Dakota

Local group is pushing for legal weed in North Dakota

FARGO, N.D. (KVRR) — One group is pushing for legalized recreational marijuana in North Dakota. “The question today is not do you support or do you oppose recreational marijuana, that question will come later. The question today we have is should people have the right to vote on recreational marijuana and I think those are two fundamentally different questions that…

Fargo Pop Expo a treat for fans

The Fargo Pop Expo kicks off this weekend to celebrate pop culture for everyone. The Butler Building at the Red River Valley Fairgrounds is hosting the events which features pop culture legends like Barry Williams from the Brady Bunch, Butch Patrick and comic book artist Angel Medina. Other notable features include Batman and The Batmobile and Cristy Lee from Motor…

An overflow of the Red Lake River causes citizens in Crookston to bring out the sandbags to try and curb it.

I saw a community in Crookston rally together after officials called on volunteers ages 16 and older to step up and help sand bag to prevent further river flooding from damaging the city

https://cdn.field59.com/KVRR/0fb3f4c6ee4641e294d9aee9aa8cfc5b92eb80cc_fl9-360p.mp4 CROOKSTON, M.N. (KVRR)- I saw a community in Crookston rally together after officials called on volunteers ages 16 and older to step up. and help sand bag to prevent further river flooding from damaging the city. Officials say majority of the city is protected up until about 31 feet but there are some vulnerable areas that only cover 26…

Flag raised honoring organ donor Jupiter Paulsen

Fourteen year old Jupiter Paulsen was tragically murdered last year.

FARGO, N.D. (KVRR)- Fourteen year old Jupiter Paulsen was tragically murdered last year. She was a donor and today a flag was raised in her honor. “Honestly, I feel really honored that they would call me to do the flag raising ceremony. I’s been really hard overall due to, you know, the magnitude of how she was taken. But the…

LIVE: Pop Expo

FM Comic-con explodes into a new, even bigger event.

Are you looking for a pop of fun to make your weekend a great one? Comic-con is merging with two other entertainment entities in the metro this year to become “Pop Expo.” The pop culture and comic book convention officially turned twelve years old this year, so organizers decided they wanted to broaden its reach. Organizer Tony Tilton said they’re…

CoreCon And Shellback Tech

Gearing up to support a great cause at this year's CoreCon.

This year’s CoreCon is shaping up to be a fun one, and one of the best parts is the charity the pop culture convention is featuring this year. Shellback Tech is the brainchild of war veteran Travis Peacock. He started it 4 years ago in the region. The program builds free gaming systems for disabled veterans and first responders. Peacock…