Community

Local Bands Aim To Pay Off Fargo Public Schools Student Lunch Debt

the district has accrued over $26,000 just in 2019

FARGO, N.D. — The power of a good voice and some strong beats goes well beyond their sound. “Music has affected change in society for years and so it seemed like a natural thing,” said Jason Boynton. What seemed very unnatural to Boynton and his friends was the $26,000 in student lunch debt at Fargo Public Schools. It’s why they’re…

4 Luv of Dog Rescue Shows Off Pups During National Adoption Weekend

Murphy, Moby and Buzz are looking for their forever homes

WEST FARGO, N.D. — For National Adoption Weekend, 4 Luv of Dog Rescue brought some of the pups to PetSmart. This afternoon, Murphy, Moby and Buzz were looking for their future family. The shelter usually brings dogs to PetSmart on Tuesday nights. Now that summer is coming to a close, volunteers will start bringing them over one weekend every…

The Toasted Frog Hosts “Picklathon” Fundraiser

The event is supporting a local girl's fight against cancer

FARGO, N.D. — For the first time ever, The Toasted Frog in downtown Fargo opened its doors on a Sunday. It welcomed hundreds of community members to support a local girl’s fight against cancer. Leigha Fern is the two–year–old daughter of a team member at the restaurant and is battling stage 4 cancer. The restaurant hosted a “picklathon” and silent…

Runners Race to Raise Awareness About Addiction

Money Raised For The Race Will Be Given To The First Step Recovery Program

MOORHEAD, Minn. –While runners were getting set for the big 5k run, one woman on the sidelines is jogging her own memories of the addiction she beat over a decade ago. “I entered this program myself 11 years ago, and I have been sober the entire 11 years, and it’s a great program I recommend it to people and if…

“A Passion In Full Animation” Anime Fargo Back In Town

With the weekend anime celebration kicking off people got the chance to check out gear, food and talk with people who have similar interests.

FARGO N.D. — With the weekend anime celebration kicking off people got the chance to check out gear, food and talk with people who have similar interests. One vendor has North Dakota roots. “So five years ago six now in 2013 I was working in the oil fields we all know oil field hours 100 plus hours a week little…

Food Truck Benefit For Family Of Jay Halvorson

Jay was known for his altruism. Serving lunches at area churches, providing Christmas dinner at the Dorothy Day House, and volunteering with F5.

FARGO, N.D. (KFGO) – On June 7th Jason “Jay” Halvorson was tragically murdered in downtown Fargo next to his food truck. However, Jay’s former fiancé Kate Holten, doesn’t want him to be remembered that way. “I would hate for Fargo-Moorhead to remember Jay as just some guy who got shot downtown. He was so much more than that, and I…

LIVE: Down Home Hoedown

Kick up your heels and raise some funds while you're at it.

Moving into a brand-new house is always something to celebrate. Moving someone who’s been chronically homeless into a brand new house — and making sure they’ve got the resources they need to turn it into a home, right down to the bed, dishes and furnishings — is worth a pretty big party. That’s what’s happening this weekend to one of…

Members of The Chamber Celebrate Their Accomplishments Over the Past Year

The Chamber represents more than 109,000 people

FARGO, N.D. — More than 800 people are gathered for The Chamber’s ninth annual conference. But this is no ordinary meeting. “To see people from around the community, being involved in it and understanding where we are,” said Professionals of Color Chairman Thomas Jefferson. The event is awarding Chairman of Gate City Bank Steve Swiontek with the 2019 Legacy Leader title….

LIVE: Pet Connection: Meet Harrington

Want a kiss from a handsome young fellow? Harrington's your guy.

He may be only 12 weeks old, but handsome little Harrington already has his charm game down pat. The black domestic shorthair kitten came in to Homeward Animal Shelter from the local pound, and he’s hardly stopped purring since then. Harrington gets along with everybody, old friend or stranger. Homeward Animal Shelter’s Heather Klefstad accompanied him on his visit to…

West Fargo Police Introduce New K9 To Public

Dogs get the chance to meet the West Fargo community

WEST FARGO N.D. –The West Fargo Police Department shows off a fluffy new member of the force to people at Brewtus Brickhouse. Brewtus joins the two other K9s, Macho and ToSti. The trio got to make new friends with kids and give officers the chance to talk to the community. The department also introduced a new way for people to…