Community

Drekker Brewing Co. hosts second annual Fargo Hotdish Festival

Fifteen local restaurants came together for the event

FARGO, N.D. — It was a good day for hotdish lovers in the area. Fifteen restaurants from across the metro came together at Drekker Brewing Company to serve up their best hotdish for the brewery’s second annual Fargo Hotdish Festival. Wurst Bier Hall, The Toasted Frog, Luna Fargo and Blarney Stone Pub were just some of the participating restaurants. Karen’s…

First Responders Teach People How To Save A Life In Minutes

The event is celebrating its sixth year

FARGO, N.D.- Local emergency responders invite anyone in the community to come in for a quick lesson on how to prevent a heart attack, as well as what to do in case it happens. They have about 20 mannequins ready to teach individuals or big groups. Organizers say it’s important to learn CPR because you never know if it might…

Local Family Knocking Down Stereotypes Through Bowling

The family hosted their 2nd annual charity as they raised money for people with disabilities

MOORHEAD, Minn.- There’s nothing like family love. And this family wanted to honor a special member of theirs who has influenced many in the community. That’s why they created the “The Jeromy Brown Family Fund.” “The fund was started basically after a group of cousins basically talking about how we appreciate our cousin and wanna celebrate his abilities rather than…

Fargo Gym Honors Child Who Lost Battle With Leukemia

The Staff is Raising Funds For The Family's Medical Expenses

FARGO, N.D. — Phoenix Ellis is described by Conquer Ninja Gym staff as a huge American Ninja Warrior fan. The 11-year-old passed away after his battle with Leukemia. Now the staff at the gym want to show respect for the little ninja. “We heard that he lost his life and we got in contact with the mom and we wanted…

ND Mom fights cancer diagnosed while she was pregnant

Doctors found a softball sized tumor in Meredith's small intestine.

HARWOOD, N.D. — Merideth Sorenson was on her way through pregnancy with her husband Troy for third child, about 19 weeks into the pregnancy something happened. “I was having some pains in my stomach and they did some tests on me,” Sorenson said. Doctors found a softball sized tumor in Merideth’s small intestine. She was still able to give birth…

Staff Prepping For Pancake Karnival Festival

Organizers say it's something you can't afford to miss.

FARGO, N.D. — Pancakes, sausage, and more pancakes by the thousands. It’s all at the 2020 Pancake Karnival Festival at the Fargodome. For $8, you can get a ticket to an all you can eat festival that also includes a full kids zone of inflatable obstacle courses. The festival has been featured in the Guinness Book of World Records and…

The F-M Community Marches For Missing And Murdered Indigenous People

A indigenous man spoke about a family tragedy that changed his life.

FARGO, N.D.- Native Americans in the region want their voices to be heard. “That’s why we’re crying out to the community, that’s why we’re trying to get awareness going, is there really is no real solid statistics. The closest thing that we have to statistics right now is in 2016 there was over 6,000 murdered, missing indigenous people and only…

Domestic violence survivor grateful at YWCA Championship of Empowerment event

A woman also spoke about how YWCA helped her after leaving an abusive relationship.

FARGO, N.D.- Kim knows what hell looks like. She experienced it for 10 years at the hands of the man who promised to love and respect her. “I started dating my husband in high school and I became pregnant with our first kid. It became a cycle of cheating and leaving and coming back and that turned into being abusive…

West Fargo author reads to middle school students to inspire them to give back

Sawyer Anderson wrote Water Works in response to learning about the water crisis in Africa

FARGO, N.D. — After Sawyer Anderson’s father took a trip to Africa, he informed his daughter of some unfortunate circumstances children in that country go through. “There are kids my age carrying buckets of water on their heads, walking three miles to get water and the water isn’t clean,” Anderson said. “I just wanted to imagine me – I wouldn’t…