Fire At Sanford Construction Site

A fire breaks out at the Sanford Hospital construction site after sparks from welding fell and ignited flames. It happened just before 8 Saturday morning.

When the fire crews arrived the construction workers had already put out the flames with a portable extinguisher. Damage was contained to a relatively small area where the fire had started.

Construction workers were able to continue working at the site.

The Fargo Fire Department reminds the public to remain vigilant when conducting hot work and to have working fire extinguishers nearby.