Evacuation at Moorhead Grocery Store

The Moorhead Fire Department is called to a grocery store in Moorhead for a gas leak.

Just before 4:30pm crews were called to the Family Fare in Moorhead for reports of a gas leak.

Employees and shoppers were evacuated from the building for safety measures.

Searching the entire area, officials found that the source of the leak was coming from the roof.

Assistant Fire Chief said”We went to the roof and found that it was a chiller leaking, inside the chiller we were picking up at least 20 percent of that lower explosive limit and any time that it get over 10 percent were really concerned.”

Family Fare has since re-opened their doors to shoppers.

Categories: Moorhead