Cigarette Causes Fargo Apartment Fire

An entire Fargo apartment building evacuated after hallways were filled with smoke.

Around 4:30 a.m. Friday, the Fargo Fire Department responded to a building on 15th Street South.

They discovered a bed on fire in one of the rooms.

They determined that the fire started by an improperly disposed of cigarette.
Damage is estimated at $20,000.

They were able to extinguish the fire within ten minutes and all tenants have since returned to their apartments.

Fire officials want to remind you to never smoke in bed.

Categories: North Dakota News