Grand Forks Police Investigate Drug Death
GRAND FORKS, N.D.–The Grand Forks Police Department has put out a warning about illicit drug use after a man was found dead on Monday.
Police responded to an apartment at approximately 7:15 a.m. and discovered a 24-year-old man deceased.
The initial investigation suggested a fentanyl overdose, but further investigations recovered a pill that appeared to be Xanax. Tests showed that the pill contained fentanyl.
Officers learned the man had purchased the pills from an illicit source and a number of the pills are currently unaccounted for.
The Grand Forks Police Department is urging anyone who has obtained Xanax pills from anywhere other than a pharmacy or legitimate medical source not consume them.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Grand Forks Police by calling 701-787-8000.