Menahga Man’s Pants Catch Fire in Deer Stand; Suffers Third Degree Burns

A Menahga man was hurt when his pants caught fire in his deer stand on Saturday afternoon.

The Becker County Sheriff’s Department says 54-year-old Joseph Sheperski was hunting with his son when his pants touched a space heater and caught on fire.

Sheperski had third-degree burns and was taken by helicopter to a Twin Cities hospital.

His 15-year-old son had minor injuries and was treated at the scene.

The fire department also put out the fire that had spread around the deer stand.