Gov. Walz expects to extend & refine stay at home order

MINNESOTA – Gov. Tim Walz says he expects to extend and change his stay at home order on Wednesday to continue to slow the spread of COVID-19.

He says the order will continue past Friday when the first one is set to expire.

The new refined order is expected to allow some workers to return to their jobs.

The governor hinted last week an extension of the order was coming.

“Our peak has been pushed out some and I want to start talking to Minnesotans about that and what I’m going to ask of them to do. We’re not going to give up on the things that are working, but I think we can add more things that work,” Walz explained.

Walz will hold a press conference Wednesday at 2:00 PM on his next steps to combat Covid-19. We’ll have it live on KVRR.com and our Facebook page.

The Department of Health says the rate of cases doubling are slowing. In early March they doubled every one to two days. Around the 18th it slowed to doubling every one to eight days.

Categories: Coronavirus, Coronavirus-MN, Health, Local News, Minnesota News