Fire

Large Grass Fire Near Mentor, Minnesota 90% Contained

A Red Flag Warning is in effect until 10 p.m. Thursday for all of North Dakota and northwestern Minnesota

MENTOR, Minn. — A grass fire near Mentor, Minnesota which started Monday is now 90% contained and authorities say it was “human-caused”. Minnesota Incident Command reports the “Oxcart Fire” had no new fire growth overnight. Calmer weather helped keep the fire activity minimal within the perimeter of the 13,000 acre fire. Firefighters are working on mopping up smoldering hot spots…

Maple syrup boiler fire destroys Otter Tail County home

VERGAS, Minn. (KVRR/KFGO) – A home was destroyed by fire near Vergas, Minn. Monday. The fire at 50771 East Lake Seven Rd. was reported shortly after 5 p.m. The investigation determined the fire started from a maple syrup boiler in the driveway that spread to the house.  There were no injuries. The Vergas Fire Dept, was assisted by fire departments…

Harwood fire made difficult by windy conditions

1/2 Show Caption Hide Caption 2/2 Show Caption Hide Caption HARWOOD, N.D. (KVRR) – Firefighters from several communities are on the scene of a fire in Harwood, North Dakota. Multiple fire crews including from Harwood and West Fargo spent the afternoon fighting a shop fire on the 3100 block of 165th Avenue SE in very windy conditions. Crews say the…

Police identify person of interest in Fargo fire investigation

1/2 Show Caption Hide Caption 2/2 Show Caption Hide Caption FARGO (KVRR) – Fargo Police say one of three persons of interest has been identified in connection to a fire in the former Mid America Steel building. Investigators determined that the fire was intentionally set. The fire was reported shortly after 7:00 p.m. Monday.  Firefighters from Moorhead were called in…

East Grand Forks restaurant fire causes $500k in damages

EAST GRAND FORKS, Minn. (KVRR/KFGO) – A fire Thursday at the Sickies Garage Burgers & Brews in downtown East Grand Forks caused an estimated $500,000 damage. Fire officials say the cause is being blamed on improperly discarded smoking materials. When firefighters arrived, light smoke was visible from the roof of the two-story building. Firefighters found flames burning along a partition…

Cause of Dilworth house fire determined

DILWORTH, Minn. (KVRR) – A fire that destroyed a home Thursday in Dilworth was caused by “an electrical issue.” Clay County Sheriff Mark Empting says the cause was determined by an investigator from the Minnesota Fire Marshal’s Office. Empting says the person who was inside the home remains in the hospital, but is expected to be okay. Dilworth and Moorhead…