SPACE HEATER

Space heater suspected of causing fire that killed three

AITKIN, Minn. – Sheriff’s officials say a space heater may have been involved in a fire that killed a couple and their young grandson in Aitkin County. The fire broke out in a trailer home early last Sunday in Wealthwood Township north of Lake Mille Lacs. Authorities say deputies and firefighters arrived, and once the flames were extinguished, they located…

Space Heater to Blame for Grand Forks Garage Fire

The Grand Forks Fire Department releases the cause of multiple garages on fire

GRAND FORKS, N.D. — The Grand Forks Fire Department says a space heater is to blame for the blaze that damaged multiple garages and injured one firefighter. Fire crews responded to a garage fire at an apartment complex at 1133 Landeco Lane on Monday. It happened in garage #5. The investigation found that a space heater being used was placed…

Officials Release Cause of Moorhead House Fire

Fire crews were called to the scene just after 10 o' clock to a house that had flames shooting from the roof

  MOORHEAD, Minn. — Moorhead fire officials release the cause of a house fire that happened late Thursday night. Officials say an overloaded extension cord from an electric space heater is what started a fire at a house on the 18-hundred block of Second Ave. North. Fire crews were called to the scene just after 10 o’ clock to a…