Possible Amoeba Infection Kills Minnesota Teen
A 14-year-old boy who developed a rare brain infection after swimming in a Minnesota lake has died.
Hunter Boutain of Alexandria, was swimming in Lake Minnewaska when he picked up the infection.
His condition deteriorated through the night and he was declared brain dead this morning.
The CDC is trying to confirm whether it actually was an amoeba that killed the teen.
The case has officials puzzled because it happened in a bigger lake than the two previous cases amid a cool summer.