Fire Destroys House in Georgetown

Authorities say there are no injuries and nobody was inside the house at the time

GEORGETOWN, Minn. — A house in Georgetown is a total loss after an early morning fire.

Fire crews responded to a nearby garage fire that spread to the roof of the home.

Authorities say there are no injuries and nobody was inside the house at the time.

They say the flames started from a wood-type stove being used to heat the garage.

“Obviously, it’s a total loss at this point,” said Dilworth Fire Chief Mark Empting. “The ceiling inside…the roof did collapse in and so we’re just fighting it from the outside at this point.”

Four area fire departments and F-M Ambulance responded to the fire.

Categories: Community, Local News, Minnesota News, News Landing Page