Fire

Fire Causes Heavy Damage to House in Casselton

No injuries have been reported.

CASSELTON, N.D.–An early morning fire has caused heavy damage to a home in Casselton. Fire crews responded to the 400 block of Langer Avenue shortly before 6:30 a.m. on Monday. Firefighters were able to quickly contain the flames, but heavy smoke still engulfed the house. Parts of the roof collapsed, and traffic in the area was diverted. No injuries have…

Man Who Died In Fargo Storage Unit This Summer Likely Impaired

Jonathan Liles was apparently living in the unit when an open flame set paper on fire

FARGO, N.D. — A man who died in a storage unit fire this past summer was asleep and likely impaired by drugs or alcohol. A just released incident report says firefighters arrived at the north Fargo unit and were only able to raise the door about a foot. They moved several bikes inside and found the body of 58-year-old Jonathan…

Three Junked Vehicles Found on Fire Near Wahpeton

The Dwight Fire Department was called to Berger's Body and Glass on Saturday night

WAHPETON, N.D. — The Richland County Sheriff’s Office is investigating three junked vehicles that went up in flames over the weekend. The Dwight Fire Department was called to Berger’s Body and Glass west of Wahpeton on Saturday night. The crew found three cars on fire but was able to put out the fire within minutes. No one was injured. All…

Owners of Post’s Hardware Say They Will Rebuild In Another Location After Fire

A deputy state fire marshal determined that the fire was caused by a cigarette and started in the back of the building

HANKINSON, N.D. — The hardware store in Hankinson will be rebuilt after it was lost to fire last month. A deputy state fire marshal determined that the fire was caused by a cigarette and started in the back of the building. Nearly a dozen apartment tenants were displaced. Post’s Hardware owners Jeremy and Jill Post say they are still working…

Police Discover Flaming Car in Driveway

Fire Department Battalion Chief Joe Mangin says the flames were 10 feet high.

FARGO, N.D. (KFGO) – Fire destroyed a car parked in the driveway of a home at 924 5th Street South in Fargo. A police officer on patrol spotted the flames shortly after 2 a.m. Tuesday and called it in. That quick action likely prevented the fire from extending to a large garage and nearby house. Fire Department Battalion Chief Joe…

Man Hospitalized After House Fire in Douglas County

The fire is believed to have started near the wood stove. 

BRANDON, Minn.–A man was hospitalized after his house became fully engulfed in flames on Thursday in Brandon. The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office received reports of a structure fire at 10897 Co Rd 7 NW in Brandon. When the Brandon Fire Department arrived on scene they found the house engulfed with flames. The home owner, Marvin Wagner, received injuries as a…

Smoke Filled Apartment Near Downtown Fargo Sends Man to Hospital

Officers found smoke coming from the sixth floor unit and a tenant who refused to come out.

FARGO, N.D. (KFGO) – Fargo police responded to a disturbance call shortly before 5.a.m Monday at Univerisity Drive Manor, 1201 2nd Avenue North after some residents of the high rise apartment reported hearing a tenant yelling for help. Sgt. Troy Hannig says when officers arrived, they found smoke coming from the sixth floor unit and a tenant who refused to…

Arrest Made in Duluth’s Historic Synagogue Fire

36-year-old Matthew Amiot, of Duluth, was arrested Friday

DULUTH, Minn. — Authorities say a fire that destroyed a historic synagogue in Duluth doesn’t appear to have been a hate crime. Duluth Police Chief Mike Tusken says 36-year-old Matthew Amiot, of Duluth, was arrested Friday in connection to the fire at Adas Israel Congregation. The fire happened early in the morning on September 9. Duluth’s fire chief says the…

WATCH: Lightning Strikes South Fargo Garage

FARGO, N.D. – A lightning strike may have caused a garage fire in South Fargo. It happened at 11:35 Monday morning in the 2500 block of Amber Valley Court South. Fargo Fire Department Battalion Chief Dane Carley says crews responded at 11:48 after a neighbor saw smoke in a garage near a twin home. Carley says firefighters knocked the fire…

Man Dies of Injuries Suffered in Fergus Falls Fire

56-year-old Kraig Weinrich died at a Minneapolis hospital.

FERGUS FALLS, MINN. (KFGO) – A Fergus Falls man has died of injuries suffered in a mobile home fire earlier this month. 56-year-old Kraig Weinrich died at a Minneapolis hospital. Police, the fire department, a deputy state fire marshal and a federal Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms investigator have not been able to pinpoint a cause for the fire. There’s no…