Firefighters

Candle Causes Fire in Fargo Apartment

Firefighters quickly knocked down the fire in the master bathroom

  FARGO, ND — A candle left burning in an apartment bathroom started a fire that caused thousands of dollars in damage. Fargo fire officials say the occupant awoke to the sound of a smoke alarm in the apartment then pulled an alarm in the hallway to notify the rest of the building. Everyone got out safely. Firefighters quickly knocked…

Sprinkler System Helps Firefighters Keep Fargo Garage Fire Under Control

The fire appeared to have started on a stovetop in the garage and it didn't spread into the house

  FARGO, ND — A fire sprinkler system has helped fight a second fire in the same neighborhood in eight days. Fargo firefighters responded to a garage fire in a row building with eight homes at 4648 44th Avenue South in the noon hour Monday. Crews arrived to find a fire sprinkler had gone off and was keeping the fire…

North Dakota Firefighters Rescue Survivors of Collapsed Building…It’s Only a Drill

The chief said a Sioux Falls building collapse which killed one person last December is one of many reasons this training is important

FARGO, ND — Firefighters from Fargo to Minot are saving people from a collapsing office building as part of a simulation. Before getting a taste of the action, crews set up obstacles which will simulate a partially collapsed building. It’s the culmination of eight days of training to prepare them from natural disasters or other structural issues. Seasoned firefighters experienced…

Deck Fire From Propane Gas

Firefighters saw that a propane gas grill was involved in the deck fire that expanded to the exterior of the home

FARGO, ND — Fargo Firefighters were called out to a house on San Juan Drive South just after midnight after reports of a fire. A neighbor called officials after discovering the deck was on fire and attempted to extinguish the fire with one of the people living in the house. Firefighters saw that a propane gas grill was involved in…

Osaka Sushi & Hibachi Opens Late After Early Morning Fire

They found and put out a small fire in the mechanical room

  FARGO, ND — The business day at Osaka Sushi & Hibachi in Fargo was shortened by a small fire. Firefighters responded to a fire alarm at the restaurant around 9 o’clock this morning and found light smoke coming from a roof vent. They found and put out a small fire in the mechanical room. There was some minor damage…

Jamestown Police Department Investigating Garage Fire

An investigation found that the garage was being used as a living space

  JAMESTOWN, ND — Authorities in Jamestown are investigating a garage fire. Firefighters were called to the detached garage at 1213 5th Avenue Southeast last Wednesday. An investigation found that the garage was being used as a living space. The case has been turned over to the Jamestown Police Department and is considered an open criminal investigation. Categories: Community, Crime,…

Millerville Auto Center Goes Up in Flames

  MILLERVILLE, Minn. — Fire has destroyed a business in the small town of Millerville. The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office says firefighters responded to the Millerville Auto Center about 11 p.m. Wednesday. The building was engulfed and later partially collapsed. It’s considered a total loss. No injuries were reported. The State Fire Marshal’s Office will help with the investigation into…

Williston’s Hedderich Department Store Burns for Second Time

Firefighters believe a hot spot from the July 10 fire at the landmark building flared up again Monday afternoon

File Photo from First Fire at Hedderich on July 10, 2017  WILLISTON, ND — The former Hedderich department store in Williston caught fire for the second time in two weeks. Firefighters believe a hot spot from the July 10 fire at the landmark building flared up again Monday afternoon. These are images from the original blaze. The fire was brought…

West Fargo Family Grateful to Those Who Have Donated After Overnight Fire Destroys Their Home

A West Fargo Family seeks donations after their home was burned down

WEST FARGO, ND — A West Fargo family of six has lost everything. They were able to escape their home overnight after fire broke out. “When I woke up and saw the flames last night it was terrifying,” said neighbor, Jerod Klabunde. West Fargo Firefighter Perry McClellan happened to be on his way home from another fire at about 1…

Fire Officials: Be Careful with Smoking Materials

They say someone's failure to get rid of their smoking materials caused the fire

  FARGO, ND — A warning from fire officials: be careful to put out smoking materials outdoors. That’s after Fargo firefighters responded to a fire late Sunday that damaged an apartment deck. They were called to this scene around 11:30 Sunday night for a deck on fire in the 1500 block of East Gateway Circle. They say someone’s failure to…