fireplace

Fireplace embers lead to small fire in south Fargo

FARGO (KVRR) – A small fire at a south Fargo home Monday was sparked by a fireplace. Shortly after 2:00 p.m. firefighters were called to 1819 19th St. South. Embers from the fireplace spread to some of the floor joists, where the fire smoldered for awhile. No one was hurt. Damage estimates were not immediately available. Categories: Local News, North…

Chimney Safety Tips To Make Sure Your Home Doesn’t Go Up In Smoke

They say it should be cleaned by a professional annually

FARGO, N.D. —¬†Fargo Fire Department wants to remind you to clean out that chimney before you light anything up in it. Firefighters say a professional should be cleaning out your chimney and vents every year because of the build-up that forms after burning solid fuels. A fire marshal says overwhelming your fireplace with too much heat and putting things other…