renewable electricity

Moorhead warns public of potential electricity outages

Moorhead Public Service is warning customers about potential electric service interruptions throughout the summer.

MOORHEAD, Minn. (KVRR) – As temperatures get hotter, the City of Moorhead is asking the public to reduce energy usage in their homes to maintain stability of the electric grid. “This is just a long-term planning communication effort just to get the information out there. Nothing is really going on. Currently, Southwest Power Pool has a resource advisory which is…

Energy Secretary calls bringing clean technology to ND “a huge opportunity”

Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm Visits To Hear Clean Energy Pitch

GRAND FORKS, N.D. (KVRR) – Climate change and clean energy transitioning forward could be centered around North Dakota. “I believe we’ve got the regulatory environment, we’ve got the commitment to technology, we’ve got the entrepreneur. We’ve got partnerships between the federal, state, and private sector,” North Dakota Governor Doug Burgum said. A state united in an effort to move into…

Moorhead Public Service to Offer 100 Percent Renewable Electricity in 2020

The additional cost per month would be about $1.67 for an average homeowner.

MOORHEAD, Minn.–Moorhead Public Service announced they will give customers the option to purchase 100 percent renewable electricity in 2020. The company currently provides 63 percent renewable electricity by using wind, solar and hydroelectric power plants, but they say customers can now purchase Renewable Energy Certificates to make up the remaining 37 percent. Moorhead Public Service says the Renewable Energy Certificates…