smoke

Victim of Grand Forks Apartment Fire Identified

GRAND FORKS, N.D. (KVRR) — Grand Forks Fire Department says 45-year-old Derek Anderson was the victim of an accidental fire early Saturday morning. They say a smoldering cigarette ignited combustible materials, causing the fire. Grand Forks police, fire crews, and paramedics were dispatched to 21 4th Street South after a report of smoke in the complex. They found Anderson dead…

Fire temporarily evacuates Fargo hotel

FARGO, N.D. ( KVRR) — A kitchen fire temporarily evacuates people staying at a Fargo hotel. Just before 10 this morning firefighters were dispatched to Mainstay Suites on 19th Avenue and 44th street South. Staff working at the extended stay hotel were able to evacuate everyone out the building, as well as put out the small kitchen fire. “They came…

North Dakotans advised to avoid prolonged outdoor activity, take protective measures,

Canada wildfireBISMARCK, N.D. (KVRR) – The North Dakota Department of Environmental Quality is advising residents to take precautions due to unhealthy levels of smoke caused by wildfires in Canada. Officials say to “use common sense and avoid prolonged exposure outdoors.”¬†¬†Children, the elderly, people with heart or lung disease are particularly susceptible to ash particles and should take extra precautions. Elevated…

Those without health conditions still at risk during high air quality alert

"In Fargo, Moorhead and Grand Forks we're forecasting red air quality which is unhealthy for all individuals."

NORTH DAKOTA & MINNESOTA (KVRR) — Air conditions are on high alert as wildfires in parts of the U.S and Canada are pushing smoke through the upper Midwest. With several large fires burning across Montana, Wyoming and Canada, officials from the North Dakota Department of Environmental Quality are warning people on how the hazy and smoky conditions may affect them….

West Fargo crews call in extra help for fire and crash

Extra crews were called on scene to help with heat exhaustion prevention.

WEST FARGO, N.D. (KVRR) — A person calls West Fargo Fire after smelling and seeing smoke coming from a crawl space. Firefighters arrived around 1 p.m. to find insulation wrapped around a live electrical wire was burning underneath the house. Extra crews were called on scene to help due to heat exhaustion prevention. Down the road from the fire on…