Fargo Fire Crews Investigating Two Apartment Fires
Firefighters had to pull down part of the ceiling to make sure the fire did not extend into the rafters
FARGO, ND — People were forced out of their apartments in the middle of the night after a bathroom ceiling fan fire.
The fire was reported around 4 a.m. at 2421 20th Avenue South in Fargo.
Firefighters had to pull down part of the ceiling to make sure the fire did not extend into the rafters.
Damage was limited to the one unit with some smoke in the apartment above.
Firefighters and those evacuated faced a temperature of 6 below with a wind chill of 24 below.
A fire in the ceiling of one unit in another Fargo apartment building is under investigation.
People living in the 5 units at 1133 4th Street North had to find temporary shelter after the fire started last night around 6 p.m.
It was contained to one unit but caused damage to the building’s electrical system.
No one was hurt.