Neighbor Rescues Sleeping Woman And Two Kids From Apartment With Stove Fire

Fire officials say there were no smoke detectors in the apartment

FARGO, ND — A man jumps into action when he smells smoke coming from a neighboring apartment.

The man broke in and found a woman and two children sleeping on a couch in an apartment in the 500 block of Oak Street North in Fargo.

It happened around 2:30 this afternoon.

He grabbed the kids and brought them outside, woke the woman and grabbed a pan of burning food and took it outside.

Fire officials say there were no smoke detectors in the apartment so it’s lucky the neighbor came to the rescue.

“If there aren’t smoke detectors to alert the occupants and they sleep through it, definitely it could be way worse of an outcome than what we ended up with,” said Fargo Fire Battalion Chief Jason Ness.

Firefighters installed some new smoke detectors that were donated by the American Red Cross.

Categories: Local News, North Dakota News

Related Post