JASON NESS

Fargo family displaced by fire

FARGO, N.D. (KVRR/KFGO) — A family has been displaced after a fire that started in a bedroom damaged their south Fargo home Saturday morning. Battalion Chief Jason Ness said crews were called to the 1500 block of 34th Avenue S. around 7:30 a.m. for a structure fire that started with a mattress burning in a bedroom. When firefighters arrived, they…

German cyclist bikes from San Francisco to New York for sick kids

A cause to help raise awareness for sick children with rare diseases takes a retired firefighter turned cyclist through 17 countries in Europe and 27 U.S. States.

FARGO, N.D. (KVRR)- A cause to help raise awareness for sick children with rare diseases takes a retired firefighter turned cyclist through 17 countries in Europe and 27 U.S. States. Care for Rare America is a foundation focused on establishing a global alliance between doctors, researchers, patients, political representatives, business, the media, and the arts, in an effort to raise…

Nearly Two Dozen Vehicles Burned At Auction Salvage Lot

FARGO, N.D. (KVRR/KFGO) — A large fire at the Insurance Auto Auction salvage lot in north Fargo burns nearly two dozen vehicles. The site is just east of the Amazon Fulfillment Center. Fire Department Battalion Chief Jason Ness says the initial call came in shortly after 1 this morning. The caller thought it was a possible building fire but it…

Firefighters respond to shed fire in North Fargo

Crews were dispatched to 3507 1st avenue North around 1:30 on Wednesday.

FARGO, N.D. — The Fargo Fire Department was on scene for a shed that caught on fire in a North Fargo backyard. The department was dispatched to 3507 1st avenue North around 1:30 Wednesday afternoon. They say a man working near the shed was trying to light a propane heater. The heater produced a flash, which caused the fire to…

Camper A Total Loss From Fire In Lindenwood Park

Fargo Fire Battalion Chief Jason Ness says a woman and her dog lived in the unit.

FARGO, N.D. — A camper in Lindenwood park is called a total loss after a fire broke out. Fargo Firefighters say they got the call around 9:26 pm on Thursday night for a fire call at 1905 Roger Maris Drive South. The department says they arrived on the scene to find neighbors trying to battle the flames with garden hoses….

Neighbor Rescues Sleeping Woman And Two Kids From Apartment With Stove Fire

Fire officials say there were no smoke detectors in the apartment

FARGO, ND — A man jumps into action when he smells smoke coming from a neighboring apartment. The man broke in and found a woman and two children sleeping on a couch in an apartment in the 500 block of Oak Street North in Fargo. It happened around 2:30 this afternoon. He grabbed the kids and brought them outside, woke the…