Two hospitalized for carbon monoxide exposure in Fargo apartment building

FARGO, N.D. (KVRR) – Two people are taken to the hospital after high carbon monoxide levels are found in a South Fargo apartment complex.

First responders were called around 11:10 Wednesday morning to the building at 4715 46th Street South for a welfare check.

Fargo Police say one person was found unresponsive in their apartment.

Fire crews vented out the building and checked on everyone living there. Firefighters had readings of 400 parts per million of carbon monoxide in the apartments of two people living above the building’s boiler.

Officials don’t know if negligence is to blame for the high carbon monoxide levels.

“We opened their mechanical room and we were getting readings of over 1,600 parts per million which is almost… Very bad. Fatal,” Fargo Fire Department Battalion Chief Lee Soeth said.

Fargo Fire says, in most indoor spaces, carbon monoxide readings are at 10 parts per million.

Department officials say they haven’t seen carbon monoxide poisoning in Fargo for two to three years.

Categories: Local News, North Dakota News