CARBON MONOXIDE

Moorhead family of seven killed by carbon monoxide poisoning are remembered

Members of the community gathered to remember a Moorhead family that died of Carbon Monoxide poisoning in their home

MOORHEAD, Minn. (KVRR)- An emotional service was held in Moorhead to remember a family killed by carbon monoxide poisoning five days before Christmas. “For sure we’re feeling really sorry for the lost of our friends and our family we feel really sad in those moments, but we have the power that God gave us. We want you to know it’s…

Woman gives out 120 carbon monoxide detectors following Moorhead deaths

After seeing the seven deaths in Moorhead, entrepreneur Sheletta Brundidge shipped 120 carbon monoxide detectors to people in the Fargo Moorhead area.

FARGO-MOORHEAD (KVRR) – After seeing the seven deaths in Moorhead, entrepreneur Sheletta Brundidge shipped 120 carbon monoxide detectors to people in the Fargo Moorhead area. Last week we first told you about this Twin Cities woman’s mission and she requested people who can’t afford one to reach out. Along with help from the Cottage Grove Fire Department, Brundidge was able…

Update: Moorhead family members died from carbon monoxide poisoning

GoFundMeMOORHEAD, Minn. (KVRR) – Seven members of a Moorhead family who died in a home over the weekend were killed by carbon monoxide poisoning. Police say the preliminary causes of death are based on laboratory blood tests, although the investigation remains open. The victims were identified as 37-year-old Belin Hernandez, 34-year-old Marleny Pinto, 16-year-old Breylin Hernandez, 7-year-old Mike Hernandez, 5-year-old…

Two hospitalized for carbon monoxide exposure in Fargo apartment building

FARGO, N.D. (KVRR) – Two people are taken to the hospital after high carbon monoxide levels are found in a South Fargo apartment complex. First responders were called around 11:10 Wednesday morning to the building at 4715 46th Street South for a welfare check. Fargo Police say one person was found unresponsive in their apartment. Fire crews vented out the…

Moorhead tragedy hits home for Minnesota woman

Brundidge lost five family members to CO poisoning in Louisiana after Hurricane Laura

COTTAGE GROVE, Minn. (KVRR) – “When I saw the story in Moorhead where seven people were in the house and there was no forced entry and the police went to check on them, because they hadn’t heard from them, family members hadn’t heard from them. I felt like I was living my situation all over again,” Media Personality Sheletta Brundidge…

How to keep safe from carbon monoxide poisoning

WEST FARGO, N.D. (KVRR) – With the colder months here and more people heating their houses after months of not using a furnace, it is crucial to have a carbon monoxide detector for the safety of everyone. When examining your detector, make sure you have fresh batteries and test the system to make sure it’s operational. The detectors typically run…

What are symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning?

FARGO, N.D. (KVRR) – Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning can be similar to the flu. They include a headache, weakness, dizziness and shortness of breath. Sanford Health officials say if multiple people in a household are complaining of those issues, it’s important to see a doctor as soon as possible. They add doctors have caught carbon monoxide poisoning in people…

North Dakota Couple Dies of CO Poisoning During Sturgis Cycle Rally

Authorities discovered the bodies inside an enclosed trailer at a campground Monday.

STURGIS, S.D. – A man and a woman from North Dakota have died of carbon monoxide poisoning while camping during the Sturgis motorcycle rally in South Dakota. Meade County Sheriff Ron Merwin identifies the pair as 55-year-old Daniel Baker of Arnegard, North Dakota, and 58-year-old Donna Cuccia of Turtle Lake, North Dakota. Authorities discovered the bodies inside an enclosed trailer…

Sturgis Rally Death Likely Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

The Omaha man, who has not been identified, was found dead in his motor home at the rally on Tuesday.

STURGIS, S.D. (AP) _ Sheriff’s officials say the death of a Nebraska man at the Sturgis motorcycle rally in South Dakota is apparently due to carbon monoxide poisoning. The Omaha man, who has not been identified, was found dead in his motor home at the rally on Tuesday. The Meade County coroner is investigating. Officials say there has been only…