Community

Moorhead Ice Skating Rinks Open

Get ready for some fun on the ice!

MOORHEAD, Minn. Fargo outdoor skating rinks opened yesterday, but now it’s Moorhead’s turn. It’s the first day open for eight outdoor rinks and adjoining warming houses in Moorhead. Unfortunately, it was a bit too warm for the ice to be in pristine condition, but that didn’t deter everyone from coming out and having some fun. “Yeah, I don’t know I…

Last Minute Holiday Rush Brings Crowds to Businesses Big and Small

Each year present procrastinators flood the isles to finish holiday shopping... this year is no exception to the rule.

FARGO, N.D. With only two days left until Christmas, you’d think most people would have their gifts all squared away. The crowds at businesses around town make it clear that’s not the case for every one. “Well you know we got most of our stuff but my son had a few last minute things we needed to get and of…

Emergency Food Pantry Is Running Out Of Food

Donations Can Be Dropped Off At 1101 4th Avenue North In Fargo

The Emergency Food Pantry serving Cass and Clay Counties is feeling the “pinch.” The executive director says the panty is seeing record demand for help. In the first 10 months of the year, they served more people than all of 2015. As a result, the pantry’s food supplies have dwindled. Food and monetary donations are needed to cover needs the…

Head of Air Force Talks Drones in Grand Forks

Grand Forks is going into uncharted territory in UAS research.

GRAND FORKS, N.D. The Chief of Staff of the United States Air Force made a stop in Grand Forks to talk about the ground–breaking drone research going on in the city. “I do believe that there are areas that you’re looking at that are going to have applications across the commercial, civil, private, military aviation business,” says US Air Force…

Pet Connection: Meet Gracie

Puppies are the cutest things ever. But boy, are they a pain.

4 Luv of Dog volunteers are live in studio with a special, tiny, adorable guest. Gracie is just 8 weeks old, part of a litter born to a rescue dog who was pregnant when she was taken in. The volunteers with the rescue organization were happy to help her bring her babies into the world safely, but as 4 Luv…

Ray Kvalvog Explains Reasons Behind Filing Lawsuits After the Deaths of His Sons

"I Want to Know What Happened to My Kids"

Ray and Kathie Kvalvog are responding to the negative reaction generated by their wrongful death lawsuits against their sons’ former school, coach, Chrysler and insurance company. Ray and Kathie lost their only sons in a crash on I-94 in 2015. “It’s like we’re in jail,” said Ray. “We have our own death row sentence. But every once in awhile, we…

Kvalvogs Release Statement on Lawsuit

Their attorney posted a response to KVRR Local News' article posted Monday

Bradshaw and Bryant PLLC, who is representing Ray and Kathie Kvalvog in their lawsuit posted a response to several critical social media users on KVRR Local News’ Facebook page. The response reads “We are incredibly saddened by the reactions we have been reading. After a year of searching and begging for answers in the deaths of our two sons, a lawsuit seemed to…

“Like a Mushroom Cloud” Casselton Reflects On Derailment of 2013

CASSELTON, N.D.

Three years ago, an oil train derailed and exploded about a half mile away from Casselton. In a time where many are concerned about the safe transport of crude oil, the people in town are reflecting on what happened. “It was like a mushroom cloud,” said Greg Kempel of Casselton, describing the explosion. It was just another day at work for…

Holiday Lights Exchange

Holiday Lights Exchange At Carlson Library

efargo is helping everyone cut electricity costs during its holiday light exchange. efargo was formed to enter Fargo into the Georgetown University Energy Prize, a two-year competition to reduce energy costs. People could bring their old electric incandescent light string in to the Downtown or Carlson libraries and get a new string of zero-energy, solar holiday lights. Holiday strings and…

NDSU School Of Nursing Named Center of Excellence

NDSU School of Nursing Named Center of Excellence

NDSU’s School of Nursing has been awarded the Cadet Command Nursing Center of Excellence by the ROTC program.The Cadet Command examined nursing license pass rates, accreditation, cumulative GPA’s at graduation and classroom versus clinical experience. According to research, nursing cadets are more successful at completing both ROTC and nursing school. After completing both, every student is awarded a scholarship at…