accidental

Fatal Storage Unit Fire Ruled Accidental

Fargo Police Department says it appears the man was living inside

FARGO, N.D. — Fargo Police Department is calling a fatal storage unit fire accidental. The early Sunday morning fire killed 58–year–old Jonathan Liles of Fargo. It happened at 1725 1st Avenue North. Firefighters had the fire out in ten minutes and then discovered the man’s body. Police say it appears Liles was living in the storage unit. Categories: Local News,…

Fire Starts in Insulation Truck in Fargo

Fire crews responded around 1:30 this afternoon to put out the truck on fire

FARGO, N.D. — Fire crews in Fargo respond to a truck filled with insulation that started on fire. The truck was parked in front of 2542 West Country Club Drive South. When firefighters arrived, they say the body of the box van was heavily involved in fire. The box of the vehicle was full of insulation that continued to smolder…

Victim Identified in Fatal Crookston House Fire

The body is identified as 40-year-old Immanuel LaRochelle

CROOKSTON, Minn. — Authorities say the smoke detectors didn’t work in a Crookston house that went up in flames, killing one person over the weekend. The body has been identified as 40-year-old Immanuel LaRochelle. Firefighters responded to the house at 214 4th Avenue North around 2:30 Sunday morning. Authorities say the fire appears to be accidental. The cause of the…

Medical Examiner: Singer Tom Petty Died of Accidental Opioid Overdose

The coroner says Petty had traces of fentanyl, oxycodone and several other drugs in his system

ReutersLOS ANGELES, Calif. — An autopsy report concludes that singer and songwriter, Tom Petty, died from an accidental drug overdose. Petty, 66, had just ended a tour with his band, the Heartbreakers, when he suffered a heart attack at his home in Malibu on october 2. The coroner says Petty had traces of fentanyl, oxycodone and several other drugs in…

Devils Lake Authorities Investigating Death in Walmart Parking Lot

The body has been sent to Grand Forks for an autopsy

  DEVILS LAKE, ND — Police and fire investigators are looking into the death of a person in a car fire in the Devils Lake Walmart parking lot. Fire Chief Jim Moe says he doesn’t believe the fire was accidental. The body has been sent to Grand Forks for an autopsy. The state fire marshal’s office is helping with the…

Woman Accidentally Shoots Herself with 9mm Handgun in Richland County

The accidental shooting happened at a residence in Hankinson

  HANKINSON, ND — A woman is being treated after accidentally shooting herself in the leg. The Richland County Sheriff’s Office was called to St. Francis Hospital in Breckenridge after Sara Kiner arrived last night. The 28-year-old told authorities that she was handling a 9mm handgun when it went off and struck her in the leg. The accidental shooting happened…

Boy Injured After Accidental Shooting in Polk County

The boy was taken to Altru Hospital in Grand Forks with non-life threatening injuries

  FISHER, Minn. — An accidental shooting injured a boy in Polk County, Minnesota over the weekend. The sheriff’s office responded to the shooting Saturday morning around 11 in rural Fisher. They say a juvenile male was accidentally shot by another juvenile male with a small caliber rifle. The boy was taken to Altru Hospital in Grand Forks with non-life…

No Charges Filed After Williston Toddler Shoots Himself with Gun Left on Counter

The shooting happened in December of last year at a rural Williston home

  WILLISTON, N.D. — Authorities in Williams County say they are not pressing charges after a toddler shot himself in the head. The shooting happened in December of last year at a rural Williston home. Authorities said three-year-old Colvin Broome shot himself after he flipped over a laundry basket to get to a gun that was left on the bathroom…

Safe Kids: Keeping Children Safe from Accidental Injury in the Home

A group of social workers is set to teach younger parents about keeping their kids safe

GRAND FORKS, N.D. — Safe Kids educators say keeping small children from accidental injury involves more than storing cleaning fluids out of reach. It’s why a team of social workers and home visitors are getting the tools they need to educate younger parents across the valley. A child care specialist said more kids are getting accidentally poisoned by prescription medication…

Perham Man Arrested, One Hospitalized in Accidental Shooting

Police say they believe the shooting was an accidental discharge

One man was arrested and another man was flown to a Fargo hospital after what Perham police believe was an accidental shooting. It happened Saturday afternoon at a house which contains several apartments on 2nd Street Southwest. Police tell us Melvin Spooner’s gun went off in his upstairs apartment, striking a person in a downstairs apartment. The name and condition…