Kitchen Fire

Fire temporarily evacuates Fargo hotel

FARGO, N.D. ( KVRR) — A kitchen fire temporarily evacuates people staying at a Fargo hotel. Just before 10 this morning firefighters were dispatched to Mainstay Suites on 19th Avenue and 44th street South. Staff working at the extended stay hotel were able to evacuate everyone out the building, as well as put out the small kitchen fire. “They came…

Fargo Fire Department Shares Dos and Don’ts for Kitchen Fire Safety

In the event of a fire, do not hesitate to call 911 for assistance

FARGO, N.D. – The holidays are quickly approaching and fire safety is important to keep in mind when cooking meals in the kitchen. Paying close to attention to hot surfaces, having a fire extinguisher on-hand, and being aware of items surrounding hot surfaces are ways to avoid a cooking fire. Fargo Fire Department says never use water when trying to…