SPRINKLER

Sprinkler Prevents Apartment Fire From Spreading

FARGO, N.D. — A sprinkler system is credited with saving an apartment building from a fire. It was reported just after midnight in a unit at 414 11th Street North in Fargo. Firefighters arrived to find the unit filled with smoke and a burned mattress and coverings. They say the sprinkler system prevented it from spreading to other parts of…

Social Distancing: Dino Sprinkler

Plus, We Ask If You're Comfortable Going To A Garage Sale During COVID-19

  It kind of feels like we’re in that weird in-between part of the pandemic where things are starting to loosen up, but we’re not sure whether or not it’s OK to do things we used to not think twice about. Case in point: I was surprised to run across a garage sale this weekend here in the metro. But…

Microtel Inn & Suites Left with Big Mess After Pipe Bursts

When crews arrived water was flowing through the lobby of the hotel

WEST FARGO, N.D. — A big mess to cleanup in the lobby of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham in West Fargo. Fire crews were called out around 5 o’clock after water flooded the lobby. A sprinkler head near the front entrance froze up and that caused a pipe in the ceiling to freeze and burst. When crews arrived water…

Sprinkler Prevents Fire From Spreading Overnight at Macy’s

Firefighters Responded To West Acres Mall After A Fire Alarm Went Off

FARGO, ND — The sprinkler system at Macy’s did its job overnight and prevented a fire from spreading. Firefighters responded to West Acres Mall around 2:42 a.m. after a fire alarm went off in Macy’s. It was determined that the fire started due to an overheated electrical device in one of the management offices. It spread to nearby office furniture…

Sprinkler System Helps Firefighters Keep Fargo Garage Fire Under Control

The fire appeared to have started on a stovetop in the garage and it didn't spread into the house

  FARGO, ND — A fire sprinkler system has helped fight a second fire in the same neighborhood in eight days. Fargo firefighters responded to a garage fire in a row building with eight homes at 4648 44th Avenue South in the noon hour Monday. Crews arrived to find a fire sprinkler had gone off and was keeping the fire…