BLAZE

Blaze Pizza is Making Pies for a Good Cause

A portion of evening sales go towards St. Jude Children's Hospital

FARGO, N.D. — Blaze is teaming up with NDSU’s Tri Delta fraternity to donate part of the evenings sales to the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Twenty percent of the night’s sales will be donated to St. Jude’s, and for the pizza shop, fundraisers like this are just one way to help give back to the community. “We usually do…

House is a Total Loss After Homeowner Barely Makes it Out Alive

He says he doubts his three children and wife, who were out of town, would have made it out if they were home

LIDGERWOOD, N.D. — A house in Lidgerwood is a total loss after flames burned through the home early this morning. The owner was sleeping on the second floor of the three story historic house and told firefighters he barely escaped the heavy smoke. He doubts his three children and wife, who were out of town, would have made it out…

Man Sets Fire to Apartment Trying to Kill Spider

The fire caused $11,000 in damages

  REDDING, Calif. — At least three people are out of their home after a California man set fire to his apartment while attempting to kill a spider. Redding firefighters say they were called to the apartment building after one of the men living in the home lit a spider on fire using a torch lighter in an upstairs bedroom….

South Dakota Woman Dies After Grass Fire Spreads to House

Authorities did not immediately identify the 26-year-old woman whose body was found Tuesday morning

FAIRBURN, SD — A woman is dead after a grass fire spread to her home in Fairburn, South Dakota, south of Rapid City. Authorities did not immediately identify the 26-year-old woman whose body was found Tuesday morning. The Custer Fire Chief says the grass fire had the potential to destroy the small town. It damaged at least three buildings in…

Williston’s Hedderich Department Store Burns for Second Time

Firefighters believe a hot spot from the July 10 fire at the landmark building flared up again Monday afternoon

File Photo from First Fire at Hedderich on July 10, 2017  WILLISTON, ND — The former Hedderich department store in Williston caught fire for the second time in two weeks. Firefighters believe a hot spot from the July 10 fire at the landmark building flared up again Monday afternoon. These are images from the original blaze. The fire was brought…

West Fargo Family of Six Escapes Burning Home

Within minutes, firefighters arrived on scene and battled the blaze until about four this morning

WEST FARGO, ND — A West Fargo family of six was able to escape after fire breaks out and flames fully engulf their house. As this house went up in flames this morning, neighbors say they’ve never seen anything so terrifying. West Fargo Firefighter Perry McClellan was on his way home at about 1 a.m. when he spotted flames coming from…

Ada Man Accused of Setting His House on Fire

Neighbors saw Grindahl leaving the home shortly before the fire was reported

  ADA, Minn. — An Ada man has been charged with setting fire to his house north of Ada. Ryan Grindahl, 31, is accused of setting the fire on March 31 after allowing fuel oil to leak from the tank in the basement. Neighbors saw Grindahl leaving the home shortly before the fire was reported. A deputy fire marshal concluded…

Community Turns Out for Candlelight Vigil in Spearfish

Throughout the night the crowd stood together, hugged and cried

SPEARFISH, S.D. — Hundreds took part in a candlelight vigil to remember the five children who were killed in a house fire on Saturday. On Tuesday night, hundreds gathered on Ames Avenue in Spearfish, South Dakota, where the deadly blaze took place. Families of the children who died placed candles outside the home, others that attended offered teddy bears and…

UPDATED: Fire Crews Battle Blaze at Countryside Trailer Court in Fargo

Fire officials say they think the fire started near the back of the trailer but are continuing their investigation

  UPDATED 12:11 am: Firefighters battled a late night fire at Countryside Trailer Court in Fargo. The call for help came in at about 10:30 Monday night to the 1400 block of First Avenue South. Fire officials say the trailer home was engulfed in flames. They say no one was home at the time and they think the fire started…