burns

Man Severely Burned in Frazee House Fire

Authorities deemed the house a total loss.

FRAZEE, Minn.–A Frazee man was severely injured after a house caught fire on Monday. The Frazee Fire Department responded to reports of a house fire at approximately 8:20 p.m. in the 500 block of East Main Avenue. Authorities say two dogs perished in the fire and the house was deemed a total loss. The 24-year-old man suffered severe burns and…

Becker County Man Hurt After Propane Furnace Explodes

A GoFundMe account has been started for Ken Otte who has burns to his hands, arms and face

BECKER COUNTY, MN — A rural Becker County man is recovering at a Minneapolis hospital after being burned in a fire that destroyed his house over the weekend. A GoFundMe account has been started for Ken Otte who has burns to his hands, arms and face. It says he went to start his propane furnace and it exploded. Authorities say Otte…

Mahnomen Man Says He Was Assaulted And Set On Fire By Three Men

Brian Smith Was Flown To A Fargo Hospital WIth 2nd Degree Burns

MAHNOMEN, Minn. — A Mahnomen, Minnesota man was flown to a Fargo hospital with second degree burns after an assault. The sheriff says Brian Smith told deputies that he was assaulted by three men outside his home late Sunday night. A GoFundMe account says the men beat Brian up, poured gasoline all over him and lit him on fire before…

OSHA Investigating After Worker Suffers Injury at Integrity Windows

OSHA says Gouniks suffered burns to his arms, neck, elbow and upper body

  FARGO, ND — A worker at the Integrity Windows manufacturing plant in Fargo was hurt on the job. OSHA officials say George Gouniks, an electrician with Master Electric, was burned by an arc flash while he was installing and testing breakers at the plant. The accident happened on December 17. OSHA says Gouniks suffered burns to his arms, neck,…

Home Depot Recalling Vanity Fixtures

The fixtures come in a set of three and four light models, sold between December of 2014 and March of 2017

  NATIONAL — Home Depot is recalling a vanity fixture after reports of people getting hurt from its shades falling off the wall. The fixtures are from “Design Solutions International with Home Depot”. The company says they have received more than 100 reports of the light shades detaching and falling. They say the shades can cause cuts and burns. At…

Man Hurt After Attempting To Pour Gasoline On Bonfire

He Tossed Gasoline Can And Started Two Shops On Fire

WOLVERTON, Minn. – A bonfire in Wolverton, Minnesota got out of control after a man poured gas on it. The 20-year-old man suffered second degree burns to his leg. He was treated and released. Authorities say he threw the gasoline can away from a propane tank but it started two nearby shops on fire. One was destroyed, the other was…

Controlled Burns Happening Throughout the Metro

This afternoon, they burnt roundabouts on Veterans Boulevard to remove weeds and stimulate growth of existing native plants

WEST FARGO, N.D. — If you see grass fires in the area, there’s a chance they could be controlled prairie burns. City workers in Fargo say these scheduled burns happen throughout early springtime. This afternoon, they burnt roundabouts on Veterans Boulevard to remove weeds and stimulate growth of existing native plants. Oftentimes, burns will get rescheduled since the weather has…

Long-Time Mayville Businessman Dies in House Fire

Authorities say Alan Strand died after trying to get out of the house

A longtime businessman was the victim of a fatal house fire in Mayville. Authorities say 64-year-old Alan Strand, the owner of Strand Ready Mix, died in the house fire Saturday morning. They say it appears Strand attempted to make his way out of the house, but didn’t make it. The fire chief says there were some strange burn patterns. A…