evacuation

Fire temporarily evacuates Fargo hotel

FARGO, N.D. ( KVRR) — A kitchen fire temporarily evacuates people staying at a Fargo hotel. Just before 10 this morning firefighters were dispatched to Mainstay Suites on 19th Avenue and 44th street South. Staff working at the extended stay hotel were able to evacuate everyone out the building, as well as put out the small kitchen fire. “They came…

WATCH: President Biden to addresses the nation about Afghanistan

KVRR will carry the President's address on our website and on our Facebook page.

  WASHINGTON, D.C. (AP) – President Joe Biden is returning to the White House Monday to address the nation on the U.S. evacuation from Afghanistan. This, as the planned withdrawal of American forces turned deadly at Kabul’s airport Monday as thousands tried to flee Afghanistan a day after the Taliban’s takeover of the country. The White House says Biden will…

North Dakota town evacuates as grass fire threatens

CARPIO, N.D. – A small northwestern North Dakota town was evacuated Friday as fire crews battled a grass fire threatening the town. Carpio, a town of about 150 people, was evacuated as a precaution. Ward County emergency manager Jen Wiechmann said no buildings in the town had burned as of mid-afternoon. Three fire departments were at the scene, with the…

Detroit Lakes High School evacuated after gas leak

DETROIT LAKES, MN — Students and staff at Detroit Lakes High School were evacuated from the building around 9:20 this morning after construction crews hit a gas line on the east side of the building. Principal Darren Wolf in an email to parents said “We were notified by our construction manager of the leak, we had the students evacuated and…

Dilworth Police Chief: We Have a Person of Interest On Camera In Walmart Disturbance

The Dilworth Walmart was evacuated and 200 customers and employees safely left the store.

DILWORTH, Minn. — After reviewing surveillance footage, Dilworth Police Chief Ty Sharpe, says they believe they have a picture of the person who placed a 911 call that caused a disturbance last week. The Dilworth Walmart was evacuated and 200 customers and employees safely left the store. Dispatchers received a 911 call saying a man was spotted in the hardware…

Fargo Fire Evacuates Building Due To Roof Sagging

Possible Roof Collapsing At 3301 13th Street South in Fargo

FARGO, ND — Crews from the Fargo Fire Department are on scene of a commercial building in south Fargo with a sagging roof. The department evacuated everyone out of the building along 13th Avenue South on Tuesday afternoon. They also posted pictures online of a ceiling that is clearly sagging under a heavy snow load. KVRR has a crew on…

Superior, WI oil refinery fire extinguished, Evacuations remain in place

Courtesy: Fox 21 DuluthUPDATE at 7:40 PM Thursday (AP) – Authorities say a smoky refinery fire that forced many residents of Superior, Wisconsin, to evacuate is out. Douglas County officials posted an update Thursday evening saying the fire is extinguished but asking residents in the evacuation area to stay away from their homes for at least another two hours. An explosion…

North Dakota Gas Prices May Jump Due to Hurricane Harvey

Houston Residents Evacuated to Higher Ground

HOUSTON, TX — A friend of KVRR morning meteorologist Scott Sincoff has been evacuated from Houston. Chris Ramirez is a senior at Mississippi State. He said he and his family were evacuated from Houston due to the massive flooding. The deluge caused lots of damage for property owners. Although the rain has lightened up, Ramirez said flooding may get worse….

People Allowed Back into Homes After Five Electrical Fires at Minot Apartment Building

An evacuation order was issued July 12

  MINOT, ND — People forced from their apartments after five electrical fires in three days are allowed back home. The first fire at North Highlands Apartments in Minot happened July 10. Water entered a crack in the foundation and compromised the electrical system in the elevator equipment room. That was followed by four fires in electric clothes dryers. An…

Gym Fire Closes Sisseton Elementary School

There were no injuries and school officials hope to re-open the school by Tuesday

SISSETON, S.D. — No one was hurt after a fire broke out at a Sisseton elementary school. School officials say nearly 500 students in kindergarten through fifth grade were evacuated after a fire was discovered in the gym of Westside Elementary School. They say it appears the fire began in a mechanical room and it is accidental. Students and staff…