Fire

Fargo Hotel Fire Causes Early Morning Evacuation

Fargo Fire Department quickly put the small fire out.

The Vista Inn & Suites was briefly evacuated after a small fire around 4:25 a.m. this morning. Fargo Firefighters were called to the hotel at 1340 21st Avenue South. When they arrived smoke could be seen on the second floor. A small fire in the utility room was quickly put out. The building occupants were all out of the hotel and…

Clearing Ice from Your Home: Blowtorch Not Recommended

After two house fires in the area, fire officials are asking homeowners to be careful when removing ice from your home

Clearing snow and ice off your house is something that naturally comes with the brutal winter season. What some people may not realize is that the fire can creep through walls, under doors or any openings and create a much bigger problem than just the ice. Two houses….one week. Firefighters have had to put fires at two separate locations after…

Ring in the New Year with Fireworks in North Dakota

Since 2012, North Dakotans have been able to ring in the New Year with fireworks

Memory Fireworks tells KVRR that every year, more and more people walk through their doors. They say there’s something magical about experiencing fireworks in the winter. “The fireworks reflect off the snow,” said David Reuter with Memory Fireworks. “Things are louder and more colorful.” If you’re a North Dakota resident, you can only buy fireworks twice a year, from June 27th…

Fire Crews Respond to Another House Fire Caused by a Blowtorch

For the second time in a week, fire crews respond to a fire caused by a blowtorch

For the second time in a week, fire crews respond to a fire caused by a blowtorch. “If you’re going to use a torch, don’t get too close to the side of your house, ” said Captain Todd Church with the Moorhead Fire Department. Firefighters responded to 307 4th Street South around 5:15 when the siding of the house caught on…

Rural West Fargo House Fire Caused by Blowtorch

Firefighters responded after a man caused a fire while using a blowtorch to de-ice parts of his home.

WEST FARGO, N.D. Firefighters say a man using a blowtorch to melt ice on his rural West Fargo house set it on fire. West Fargo and Harwood Fire Departments responded to the home at 6425 13th Street North after receiving reports of smoke coming from the walls. Firefighters say the fire was a deep seeded smolder burning the insides of…