Community

Cass Clay Food Commission Hoping to Open Accessibility to Fresh Local Produce

The Cass Clay Food Commission is also hoping to combat obesity and the high costs associated with healthy living

This spring you may find more farmers markets in your neighborhood. “We’re an intergovernmental board in Cass and Clay Counties that works to increase access to healthy, local, and affordable food,” said  Megan Myrdal, who is the Project Coordinator of the Cass Clay Food Commission. “Healthy options aren’t as easy as you would think,” said Mindy Grand, the Member at…

Broadband Internet Coming to More Rural Minnesota Communities

More than 16,000 households, 2,200 businesses and 71 community organizations will benefit

Minnesota State Officials announce more grants have been secured to help households and business in the state get broadband internet access. Officials say more than 16,000 households will be given access as well as 2,200 business and more than 70 community organizations. The expansion will also allow 42 projects across the state to be funded and given access. The…

Walmart to Eliminate 1,000 More Jobs

This adds to the 7,000 jobs Walmart cut back in September of 2016

Walmart announces another round of job cuts. The retailer is getting ready to eliminate another 1,000 jobs before the end of this month. The cuts will mostly come from its corporate headquarters in Arkansas, although corporate officials would not confirm it would happen. Officials did say the company is always looking for “ways to operate more efficiently”. This comes on the…

Services Set For NDSU Student Killed in Crash Near Valley City

Funeral services will be held at the Max High School Gymnasium on Saturday, January 14th, 2017 at 2:00 p.m.

Funeral services have been set for the NDSU student who died after rolling her vehicle west of Valley City Sunday evening. Services for 18-year-old Brooke Schroeder will be held at the Max High School Gym on Saturday, January 14th at 2 pm. The Max, North Dakota teen was traveling on I-94 when she hit a guardrail, vaulted over the median…

North Dakota Lawmaker Proposes End to Blue Law

A Fargo lawmaker wants to do away with North Dakota’s Blue Law, or Sunday opening law. Democratic Representative Pam Anderson says her bill will remove all state barriers to retail stores opening before noon on Sundays. She says she introduced the bill on behalf of a constituent. “Contacted me and said ‘I’m annoyed I have to drive Sunday morning for…

New 32nd Avenue/I-29 Ramp Set to be Biggest Road Construction Project of 2017

The city and ND-DOT are lending their ear and giving guidance to those who will be affected by the upcoming construction

The big road project of this year will be the expansion of 32nd Avenue South and the construction of a new Southbound I–29 to eastbound 32nd Avenue loop ramp. Business owners and people living near the construction area got the opportunity to learn more about the project at a meeting held at the West Acres Mall. Officials say 2017’s biggest…

Local Auto Body Shops Busy with Winter Business

Local Car Body Shops Are Busy Due to the Winter Weather

While many people may not favor this winter weather, it is creating a lot of business for local body shops. “This winter we’ve definitely been having our share of crashes and vehicles slipping and sliding off the road,” said Sgt. Jesse Grabow with the Minnesota State Patrol.  “I think we’ve just had a few more snow type incidents and things…

West Fargo Plans for a Safer Intersection

The project costing over $6.5 million would add two left turn lanes in every direction at the intersection

West Fargo city leaders say it’s time to expand an accident prone intersection, but that also means another season of construction starting this spring. If you’ve driven on 13th Avenue East and 9th Street East during rush hours, you know the frustration drivers face. “There are 20,000 cars that go through that intersection and during peak hours in the AM…

Second Annual Frostival to be Held January 27th and 28th

The Fargo-Moorhead Area Will Be Holding Its 2nd Annual Frostival

While the cold winter months can be brutal, there are some parts of the cold that can be enjoyable. Lucky for us, the F–M convention and visitors bureau has put together a weekend to celebrate it all. The 2nd annual Frostival will be held January 27th and 28th. The event is open to the public and is held all around…

City of Dilworth Honors Law Enforcement Appreciation Day

January 9th Will Now Officially Be Law Enforcement Appreciation Day in Minnesota

This day is called law enforcement appreciation day, or L.E.A.D. Due to the recent negativity towards police officers around the country, January 9th has been dedicated to supporting those in uniform. Minnesota Governor Dayton said it’s a day to recognize the service and sacrifice of those brave men and women, and their families. Dilworth Mayor Chad Olson is also showing his…