roof

Fargo-Moorhead Community Theatre Moves To Temporary Location

The theatre was deemed dangerous to be in and they were forced to leave.

FARGO, N.D. – “It was about a month ago that we heard cracking in the building. We brought in a construction person and a constructional engineer and they made the determination that it wasn’t safe to have people in the building,” says Eloise Breikjern, the FMCT Executive Director. Faculty and staff had to quickly evacuate the building and the company…

Goldmark Office Park Building Roof Partially Collapses

It collapsed due to heavy snowfall

  FARGO, N.D. — The string of snowstorms in the area has caused another roof to partially collapse. This one happened at an office building inside Goldmark Office Park on 25th Street South earlier this month. Fire crews responded to the collapse after both the fire alarms and sprinkler system went off. No one was inside the building when the…

Roof of South Fargo Building Closer to Completely Collapsing

All utilities have been shut off

FARGO, N.D. — The roof of a south Fargo building that started collapsing yesterday is now closer to completely falling in. Fire crews were called back to the building at 3301 13th Avenue South because walls have started cracking. All utilities are shut off so when the roof does collapse it won’t cause an electrical fire. The Westwood Galleria was evacuated…

Experts Remind Homeowners to Keep Snow Off Roof, Prevent Ice Dams

One company has received over 100 calls in the last two days

MOORHEAD, Minn. — All the snow on top of the ice over your roof can cause it to cave in. When it keeps freezing and thawing over and over, it creates ice dams under your shingles. Experts say keeping the snow off with the right supplies including a roof rake and a thaw sack to get rid of the ice is…

Heavy Snow Too Much For Some Buildings, Roof Damage Reported In FM Metro

Partial Roof Collapse at St. Francis De Sales Catholic Church and Trail King Industries

St. Francis De Sales Catholic Church/Trail King IndustriesMOORHEAD, MN — A partial roof collapse caused by snow build-up did significant damage to a section of St. Francis De Sales Catholic Church in Moorhead. The collapse was reported just after noon. Deputy Fire Chief Benton Hicks says it was a “miracle” no one was hurt. Church services were canceled due to…

Taking the Right Steps to Protect Your Home and Save Thousands in the Snow

Father and son, CEO and vice president, Mark and Tanner, are working together to unplug vents, rake roofs, and clear ice dams

MOORHEAD, Minn. — After years of cleaning roof vents, snow and ice dams, those with North Country Weatherization Technologies say this winter is one of the worst. Hear why taking the right steps could protect your home and save you thousands in the future. It may not be clear where that strange smell or weird sound could be coming from….

Unoccupied House Damaged by Fire in Hendrum

Norman County Sheriff Jeremy Thornton says the fire started in the attic of the home shortly before 6:30 a.m.

  HENDRUM, Minn. — An early morning fire substantially damaged an unoccupied house in Hendrum, Minnesota. Norman County Sheriff Jeremy Thornton says the fire started in the attic of the home shortly before 6:30 a.m. Halstad, Perley and Hendrum fire crews responded. Thornton says the majority of the roof was destroyed. No damage estimate was available. The house had been…

Lincoln Elementary Principal Takes Rewards to New Heights

The Principle at Lincoln Elementary School Spent Her Workday on the Roof to Reward Her Students' Fundraising Efforts

FARGO, ND — Lincoln Elementary School’s principal went the extra mile after her students did theirs and exceeded their Walk-A-Thon goal. Principal Megan Kiser challenged students by saying if they met their goal of $10,000, she would spend the entire work day on the roof of the school. Students and the PTA stepped up and raised $10,300 for the school…

Popular Battle Lake Restaurant Goes Up in Flames

These pictures and video are courtesy of Sam Humann

BATTLE LAKE, Minn. — The owner of a popular restaurant near Battle Lake escaped his basement apartment after flames ravaged through the business in an early morning fire. These pictures and video are courtesy of Sam Humann. Rodger Heaton, an owner of Elmer’s Texas Barbecue on State Highway 78 north of Battle Lake, woke up to smoke in his apartment…

Moorhead Fire Crews Battle Late Night House Fire

Fire officials say the house was abandoned and no one was inside

  MOORHEAD, Minn. — Moorhead fire crews battle a late night house fire. Firefighters were called to the 1802 2nd Ave S. in Moorhead just after 10 p.m. where a house was engulfed in smoke and had flames shooting from the roof. Fire officials say the house was abandoned and no one was inside. They say battling the fire was difficult…