Fire

Firefighters Respond to Rural Vergas Garage Fire

The Otter Tail County Sheriff's Office says the garage is a total loss.

VERGAS, Minn. — A garage is a total loss after a fire breaks out in Otter Tail County. It happened at 30229 Candor Hall Road in rural Vergas, Minnesota. The homeowner called the sheriff’s office shortly before 5:00 this morning. When firefighters arrived, the garage was fully engulfed. Fire crews from Vergas, Detroit Lakes, Frazee and deputies from the Otter…

Barnesville Fire Department Receives $40,000 in Life-Saving Equipment from Firehouse Subs

The Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation donated about $40,000 worth of radio equipment for its trucks and its base

FARGO, ND — Thanks to Firehouse Subs in Fargo and generous donations from sandwich eaters, the Barnesville Fire Department has just received some new equipment. The Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation donated about $40,000 worth of radio equipment for its trucks and its base. They received 22 devices, 15 of which are mobile and hand-held. Firefighters from the department say…

Toddler Dies from Injuries in Hibbing House Fire

Fire officials say 3-year-old Isaiah Adams died at the hospital

1/6 Show Caption Hide Caption 2/6 Show Caption Hide Caption 3/6 Show Caption Hide Caption 4/6 Show Caption Hide Caption 5/6 Show Caption Hide Caption 6/6 Show Caption Hide Caption HIBBING, Minn. — A toddler pulled from a house fire in northern Minnesota has died, making him the fourth person to have passed away. Fire officials say 3-year-old Isaiah Adams…

Three Dead After House Fire in Hibbing

Fire crews responded to reports of a house on fire just after 1:30 this morning

Courtesy: Hibbing Fire Department HIBBING, Minn. — Three people are dead and one child is in critical condition after a house fire in Hibbing, Minnesota. Fire crews responded to reports of a house on fire just after 1:30 this morning. They found the home engulfed in flames and rescued the two adults and two children, but none of them had…

Fire Officials Release Cause of Fargo House Fire

A woman had to be rescued from the basement along with a dog

  FARGO, ND — Fargo fire officials say a house fire in north Fargo on Sunday was caused by overheating electrical equipment that came in contact with combustibles. The fire broke out between a mattress and the east wall of the basement. A woman had to be rescued from the basement along with a dog. The fire caused $120,000 in…

Devils Lake Authorities Investigating Death in Walmart Parking Lot

The body has been sent to Grand Forks for an autopsy

  DEVILS LAKE, ND — Police and fire investigators are looking into the death of a person in a car fire in the Devils Lake Walmart parking lot. Fire Chief Jim Moe says he doesn’t believe the fire was accidental. The body has been sent to Grand Forks for an autopsy. The state fire marshal’s office is helping with the…

Rainy Lake Oil Co. Near International Falls Destroyed in Massive Fire

Photos and Video are Courtesy of Shelby Wolden

1/5 Courtesy: Shelby Wolden Show Caption Hide Caption 2/5 Courtesy: Shelby Wolden Show Caption Hide Caption 3/5 Courtesy: Shelby Wolden Show Caption Hide Caption 4/5 Courtesy: Shelby Wolden Show Caption Hide Caption 5/5 Courtesy: Shelby Wolden Show Caption Hide Caption INTERNATIONAL FALLS, Minn. — A massive fire in northern Minnesota has destroyed a heating oil and fuel company near the…

Woman Rescued From House Fire in North Fargo

The house at 712 29th Street North in Fargo was damaged by fire to the tune of $120,000

FARGO, ND — It’s not the thing a family wants to face just days before Christmas. Their home was damaged by fire to the tune of $120,000. At first, the Fargo Fire Department was unsure what to expect. “We got a call this morning. The call came to us as a possible disturbance we weren’t sure what was going on,”…

Nine Burros Burned in Custer State Park Wildfire

The animals are getting antibiotics, pain medication, food and water

CUSTER, SD — Custer State Park officials say that nine burros have been burned in the wildfire that broke out Monday and they are unsure if they will survive. These burros are currently being treated by a veterinarian. Park visitor services program manager Kobee Stalder says officials are doing everything they can. The animals are getting antibiotics, pain medication, food…

Barnesville House Heavily Damaged by Fire

Fire crews respond to house fire early Sunday morning

BARNESVILLE, Minn. — Authorities respond to an early morning fire that heavily damaged a Barnesville house. Firefighters were called to the house in 1000 block of 5th Street Southeast around 3:20 am. Fire crews from Barnesville, Hawley and Sabin worked to put the fire out. The fire appears to have started in the garage and spread to the home. No…